Levels redesign, new enemies, gameplay enhancement, and more!
Being a small indie studio of only 2 developers, we are excited about this new update. We have entirely changed the in-game story and started the integration in the first three worlds that the player will play. However, the tutorial in the first world (Korala) is still a work in progress, and the initial cut scene still needs to be done.
Here are some of the new features :
- Planet Mazir – Completely redo the level design of the third planet. This includes many changes in the landscape, redesigning the combats area, new assets, new foliage, new enemies, lighting changes, and much more.
- Planet Korala – Update the level design of the first world by enhancing some areas, adding new assets, changing some enemies AI, redoing the lighting, and adding atmospheric fog.
- Planet Meolia – Update the second world by adding more assets in some areas and tweaking the lighting.
- Psionic Power-up – The psionic power-up can be triggered by using the middle mouse button while having the psionic orb weapon. It sends a high psionic beam that drains the energy from the Drainers and adds it to your shield. Immensely powerful and helpful in challenging situations.
- Force-field – A new force-field implant is now available, letting the player convert its internal energy into a force field to protect itself from enemies’ attacks. Unfortunately, the force field drains energy very quickly. Therefore, the player will need to use it wisely. An upcoming update will let the player uses skills to reduce the energy-draining factor.
- Laser worker Drainer – A dangerous new invader that can fire lasers with its claw and fire laser shots with his armed turrets. The AI is still incomplete, but still, be careful…
- Mine planter Drainer – No specific attack from this Drainer, except that he is dropping mine while moving randomly on the terrain! Hard to destroy.
- Spaceship dropping troops – A new type of Drainer spaceship that can drop troops while flying is now available in one place in the game. It’s still a work in progress, but very fun to see when he is coming close to you and dropping Drainers to attack you from the sky.
- Zirca enemy level 1 – Implement a new AI behavior to act as a swarm. They are easy to destroy, but when they are many, it can be challenging. They are also firing a new type of projectile.
Larva – A new enemy that is note very dangerous as it moves slowly. Explode when the player is getting to close to it or fires at it.